The exterior of the church is decorated with Salviati mosaics of figures and ornaments.
Christ Pantocrator after a painting by Fyodor Bruni, a Russian painter of Italian descent.
Between 1887 and 1893, over 600 square meters of original paintings on the interior were replaced by mosaics by Salviati. Half of the mosaics were damaged during shelling in June 1942, but they have since been restored.
Photo album of Sevastopol
Barr, Sheldon. Venetian Glass Mosaics: 1860-1917. London: Antique Collectors' Club, 2008. 139.
Crimea Tour Service
Memorial Church of St. Nicholas