Shaw continued to restore the church 1866-68, and this work was continued in 1890 by Temple Moore.
Shaw commissioned Salviati to create the gold mosaics in a setting designed by Moore. The angel corbels were reused from the old organ that was rebuilt in 1885. The carved central panel was bought separately and incorporated into the piece.
St. John's has been redundant since 1975 and it has been in the care of the Church's Trust since 1977.
Wrathmell, Susan. Pevsner Architectural Guides: Leeds. New Haven: Yale University Press, 2005. 52.
strabod72's flickr Photostream